Friday, May 23, 2008

I'm Back.

Did you miss me? I just took a little blog vacation. Not from reading them, though. I know what all of you have been up to. But me? Well, I've just hung back a little bit, taken a deep breath and sorted out a few things. Good things.
This month of May has been simply wonderful. I was chosen as the Farmgirl of the Month, by my friend Tina, over at the Farmgirl Connection. How sweet was that? And because I was the FOTM, I received some wonderful wishes through the forum and treats in my mailbox.
Thank you, Tina, Pam, Bertha, Autumn, Maryjane, MaryJane, Meg, Nancy Jo, Rebekka. My goodness, I am so grateful.
I have sipped sweet herbal teas, washed my dishes with hand-crocheted dish cloths, snuggled with a Georgia Bullfrog-ette and a stuffed pear that smeels divine, tucked up a beautifully embroidered pillow in a tiny chair, listened quietly to the liquid voice of John Denver, planted seeds and placed tiny treasures in my craft room, where I can be surrounded by the love and friendship that radiates from them.

Who would not love a sweetly embroidered clothespin bag that came full of vintage trim and organic chocolate? I know I do! This came from MaryJane and Meg. My, they know me well. :)

Adding to the delight of mail love, Colleen, sent me a little care package of her own. It was full of scrapbooking supplies, and books. Oh, my! The books! Still Life with Chickens (how appropriate for this new chicken mom), A Perfect Day, Small and Simple Things by Marjorie Pay Hinckley- the most sweet, adorable woman who ever lived (other than Colleen).
I am ever amazed at the kindness and generosity of the women that I have "met" in Bloglandia.

Women with gentle voices, generous hearts, kind souls, and smart minds. They are like this flower, that grew in my back garden. Soft, full, delightful, beautiful with a heavenly scent. A joy to the eye and the heart.
Their friendship is sweet and delicious, satisfying and nourishing. A bit like the Pioneer Woman's apricot breakfast bars. (Only I made mine with homemade strawberry jam.)


The miracle of friendship that comes from women that I have never met is an amazing thing. Beyond treats in the mail, it is the knowledge that someone, somewhere is thinking about you, caring about you and wanting things to be well for you that lifts your heart, quiets your doubts and opens your eyes to the fact that there are many, many good people in this world. And I have the pleasure to be in their company on this incredible connector know as the Internet.

I will leave you with a few words by Sister Hinckley, who sums up how I feel quite succinctly:

"Who knows but that something wonderful may happen today. Have faith that it will. After all, every morning is a chance at a new day!"

Wonderful things have happened because of wonderful people like you. What a lovely thing that is.

5 comments:

Lori said...

you received a lovely assortment of goodies! your peony is gorgeous { what a wonderful color}, mine have yet to bloom...thanks so much for stopping over to play with me this morning:)

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Karin!

Sweet Karin! You desreve being called the Farmgirl of the Month in everyway! What wonderful gifts you have been showered with! (let me know if you need somemore dish cloths!) I think that cute chicken coop made you a star! Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Maryjane

YES, Sister Hinckley was precious, not only spiritual but had a cute sense of humor!

Utah Grammie said...

So glad to see you back! The bars look wonderful as does the cheese in your next post! (Yes - I read backwards..)

I have just purchased my very first MaryJane's Farmgirl magazine - it surely won't be my last! And to see your sweet face and your beautiful pinkeep! What a great way to start my week-end!
Have a fun one and be safe..
Colleen

amy said...

man, look at all those wonderful goodies! you deserve every bit!

alison said...

Hi Karin,

I just wanted to say hello and let you know how much I'm enjoying your blog. I feel lucky to have found it and will also enjoy going back and reading your past posts.
Have a great weekend!