Thursday, April 3, 2008

Snaps of My Garden

Can you tell that I like flowers?

A tiny Oxalis popping up through the leaves.
Headstrong Dianthus growing in an old bucket.


Persian Speedwell

Actually, this is considered a weed, but I think the color is extraordinary.

Quince Blossoms

I grow them just for the birds and squirrels. You don't really want to eat a quince.

Fairy Orbs
(or Dandelion Seed Heads)


If you take a closer look at the dandelions, you can see miniscule droplets of water.
I guess I was feeling a bit like Horton, although I did not hear a Who.

7 comments:

ga.farmgirl said...

They are all beautiful, weeds or not. I love flowers too. Almost as much as baby biddies(chicks).

Felicia said...

Beautiful flowers :)

The Burp Cloth Babe said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I appreciate the encouragement! Love the flowers! I always get excited this time of year, too. I love to plan flowers and veggies.

Maryjane said...

Love themmm flowers Karin! Great shots! More please! maryjane Lee

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Oh, pretty spring flowers!

Happy day!

Melissa

Utah Grammie said...

Oh your flowers are blooming! How pretty! I have an old recipe for Dandiloin Jelly that's really quite good -Mr. B always makes faces when I tell him I'm going to the park to pick them - once a man told me sweetly "Honey, those are weeds you know.." Hahaha!
Colleen

Cherry Menlove said...

Hello my beautiful friend!
Your pictures today are stunning and I love the fact that you are keeping what some would consider a 'weed' beacuse of it's colour. I would keep it too!

Lots of love
Cherry xoxoxox