Saturday, April 26, 2008

Okay, This Is the Last Chicken Post (for now)

I would like to introduce Mavis (on the left) and Pearl. They are five-week-old Rhode Island Red pullets.
Both hens have very sweet dispositions, and I think will adapt very well.


Flora, however, may have other ideas. She is not quite sure of these two beautiful red-heads!
This is their first tentative meeting.


I do not think that Flora was very impressed. Do you?

But, I think she may prefer two new friends than this little kitty. Merideth is much to curious about what is happening in the chicken yard. She insists on trying to fit her head through the fencing. That would explain the frustration on her face.



I think these three chicks will get along just fine. And soon enough, they will be delivering fresh eggs for our breakfast. And the Omelet Hotel will be in business. :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karin- I am tickled pink! What fun, and thank you so much I will love your Flora picture as I have just changed my kitchen curtains to black and white gingham! She will have a place of honor! Thanks again! May the "Omelet Hotel" be a productive enterprise! Hugs to you and "the girls"! Bramble

GardenGoose said...

terrific! glad to see that Flora won't be lonely. your new gals are pretty too.

Utah Grammie said...

Oh La La! The red-heads are very pretty, too! And the white cat?? Simply gorgeous! Have a fun week with the new tenants!
Colleen

French Rustic Cottage & Beehind Thyme said...

Oh how wonderful it is to have such treasures as these. My Dear Hubbie has AGREED to build me a henhouse... I want one JUST like yours... You are my inspiration in henhouse building...I can't wait!!! Good Luck with your LiTTLe PiCkeRs.
Goode Day, Pamela

meg said...

Poor puss~ that must be torture ("So close, yet sooo far!")

ga.farmgirl said...

I love your chicken coop. The country cousins here would be amazed to see it too!
I really love the Flora chicken facimile. How did you do that? You are so smart!

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

Hi Karin! I LOVE your chicken posts and look forward to them! I have bragged about your chicken coop to my family! Please post your first eggs! Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Maryjane

Katie said...

Loving the Omelet Hotel -- what fancy digs those girls have! I'm sure they will reward you with many beautiful eggs. So fun!

Grand Life said...

A fellow farm girl blogger just dropping by to say hello. I love your posts and your chicken hotel is wonderful. What a talented person you are. Have a great week.
Judy

Anne Fannie said...

Oh what a lucky chic that Miss Flora is to live in the Omelet House along with her new room mates, Mavis and Pearl.
Love your blog, will be back!
Ann