Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tragedy

It is with great sadness that I wrote this post. I have lost three of my little chicks to my daughter's cat. I don't know how it happened. Really. I had them in a bin, covered with a screen, things on top of that, surrounded by chairs, etc. on the sides, in the family room. But apparently the natural pull of cat-eat-chick was too much for Merideth and she found a way to get them. Only Flora has survived and she is now safe in my craft room with the door closed.
I am heartbroken and crushed. I attached much too quickly to those little balls of fluff.
I called my friend and told her of the sad news. She will hold out the first three hens from the next hatch of eggs for me. And so, I will hold all of your name choices until then. In fact, keep leaving them because I will let you name the new babies- all three.
It may be a while, as she is hatching turkeys right at the moment. Talk about a farmgirl!
Please forgive me for postponing this little giveaway.

6 comments:

Utah Grammie said...

Oh myheart is so sad for you. The poor cat - only doing what cat's do.
I hope you know it wasn't anyone's fault here. It's nature - at it's best and at it's worst.

your new chickies will be perfect and safe. You'll have fat ol hens in no time.
In the meantime - enjoy the "littlest survivor" and wait for your new arrivals!
Blessings,
Colleen

Senior Bowler-Carolyn said...

My sister had 1 banty chicken and 1 small banty roster as pets years ago. She called them Henry and Etta.....fox got them in the country but they would follow her around the yard....

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Karin!! I'm so very sorry!! You are so right, it is very much their nature to do that but still so heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. Goodness gracious girl, I hate about your deck too, but so so very glad your #2 son is fine, he could have really hurt himself...ah, parenthood, is that why we need Clairol?? I do hope to see you soon and I'm sending you hugs to you ((((( hugs ))))) xxoo, Dawn

Maryjane said...

Karin, so sorry to hear about the loss of your little chicks! It is amzing how we get attached. Think of you! Farmgirl Hugs, Maryjane Lee #44

ikkinlala said...

I'm so sorry to hear this.

日月神教-向左使 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,a片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,性愛