Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Surprise

With all of the bird activity in my yard lately, my thoughts turned to a chore I had forgotten to do this winter- cleaning out the nest boxes. I quickly went out and cleaned the old nests from the four boxes attached just outside my kitchen window.
As I removed the nesting bits from the last box, two little blue-green eggs slipped out. I quickly laid my hand under the box and caught both of them. Oh no! Had someone already moved in?
But, the icy coldness of these tiny treasures told me that they were no longer viable.



I brought them in and placed them in a nest that fell in my yard a few years ago. This little composition sits on a table in my craft room. Bird nests, eggs and sea shells. Is there anything more perfect?
I don't think so.

1 comment:

windycorner said...

Just beautiful and perfect for Easter. Have a wonderful one, by the way.
hugs,
Holley