Saturday, March 1, 2008

Mystery Item


I wonder what this could possibly bee?



And these?


Pay no attention to the large, wrinkled hand. It is an illusion.

I wish.


This is so bee-coming something neat.

It's a pinkeeper!!

This is for the pinkeeper swap over at MaryJane's Farm. It's a secret swap, in that we do not know who we will send our pinkeeper to, nor do we know which one we will get. Kind of a fun idea, yes?

As it is a sewing item, I used vintage spools of Lily thread for the legs of the base. And I wrangled the first few tender vines of honeysuckle to make the wreath at the base. Honeysuckle- get it? The little bees were beaded on before it was stuffed with wool fleece.

I bought the fleece a year ago and I still have a ton of it left. And I have been stuffing everything with it. Well worth the cost to have it sent from my friend Robin in Washington state. :)

I hope that whoever is the recipient of this little hive likes it as much as I had fun making it. As soon as I find out who's house it will go to, it will bee on its way!!

9 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Karin! I love this little pinkeep!! What a wonderful idea and I love the little bitty bees on it ~ as always, beautiful work comes from those pretty hands....xxoo, Dawn

amy said...

karin, it is adorable. you obviuosly have a gift for the pinkeep. you should make some to sell.

Mockingbird Hill said...

Well...this really makes me wish I had just a little sewing talent and that I was part of this swap and that I was the one this was going to!

Very, very sweet...love the spool legs *sigh* I wish I could sew..anything...

Karin, I'm gonna add you to my blog roll so that everyone can see what wonderful work you do.. ;)

Cassie

Utah Grammie said...

This is BEE-utiful (couldn't resist!)
Whoever gets this will BEE happy - It will BEE a great gift..I better BEE going to bed..I BEE getting silly!
Colleen

ga.farmgirl said...

It is so cute. Where did you get the idea? I'll trade you a Georgia BullFrog for it. Just kidding(well almost). Hmmm, maybe I can pass the frog off as a pincushion???

madrekarin said...

Thank you, everyone!
ga.farmgirl- I hate to say it, but the idea came from my twisted brain. You know, see something, picture it in a different way, and make it.
You can totally make that froggy into a pinkeeper. Just make it a wee bit smaller, that's all! But if you would like to trade, just let me know!

lindaharre said...

Oh Karin.....this is adorable. You could be selling these...you said you still had a lot of stuffing:D I would be one of your first customers:D Darling!

queenofdreamsz said...

Oh Karin, Your pinkeep is fabulous!! I'm working on mine now :o)

Stephanie

Shadows of the goddess designs said...

that is so creative !!! Love it !