Friday, March 14, 2008

Meet Bunny and her cousin Annabelle

Look who came to live at my house yesterday!! Bunny travelled all the way from Kentucky to join her cousin, Annabelle, who came to live here last year. As they would say in England, I'm chuffed.

Look at how sweetly she was packaged up for her trip...


And here she is in all of her glory, complete with a little sack of sunflower seeds and a tiny, red heart...


Bunny and Annabelle enjoying a lovely little visit in the garden, catching up on the latest news...

You can find your own little chile to adopt from Frannie, doll maker extraordinaire. I love how she uses bits and bobs to create some of the most charming, quirky little ladies I have ever seen. Pop on over to the Foundlin' Home. Someone there needs a momma!

Speaking of gardens! Look at this-


Granted, it does not look like much right now, but here is Raised bed Number 1, ready to be filled and planted with yummy, productive (hopefully) veg plants. Another one has gone in and only two more need to be built. I am sure they will be done before planting time.

Oh, I almost forgot!! Head on over to the Old Red Barn Co. and take a peek at the lovely quilt she will be giving away to some lucky person!! It is beautiful (and in all of my favorite colors)! I found out about it from my friend, Amy, this morning. The drawing is on the 19th of March, so hurry on over and leave a little love note for Dana. And good luck! But not too much, because as I said, the quilt is in all of my favorite colors. :)


Toodles.

9 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi Karin!!! I love your new little Dolly and so good too that she has a friend....Yaaaaay for you getting your planting beds!!! I'm so happy for you ~ I just can't wait to see photos of all the wonderful things you will grow in them. Hope you and your family are doing great, xxoo, Dawn

Utah Grammie said...

So..."chuffed" - what's the meaning? Is it like "verklempt"? - cute dolls. Love em both. Can't wait to see the garden-
Colleen

Renee said...

I am so jealous that you have green showing up in your garden. It is still brown and some what snow covered in MN. But tomorow is going to be 40 degrees. Yippy!

GardenGoose said...

doesn't Frannie create the cutest dollies. love your new one by the way. love the raised beds too. We have some peas, and spinach and mesclun and some broccoli and cauliflower and brussels sprouts in our beds along with one bed which is 4 ft by 8 ft full of strawberry plants..another full of raspberry canes.hopefully things will grow well for all of us.

windycorner said...

Hi Karin,
You've inspired me. I've wanted to put in some raised gardens (a la Barefoot Contessa) but haven't gotten around to it. Well, I'm going to Home Depot this morning to get the lumber. My compost bin overfloweth and I've got to put it somewhere, so a raised bed is the answer.
Happy St.Patrick's Day,
Holley

ga.farmgirl said...

Hi Karin, I am glad you made it through the storms alright. It was very rough on this side of the state.
Love the new chile. She looks right at home.
The new raise beds are going to be so wonderful. I enjoy mine so much. Have a great day!

amy said...

what a fun doll. i didn't know you already had a frannie doll. and now you have two!

whimseycreations said...

I knew that was a Frannie doll before I even scrolled down! She does have a distinctive style - one of my favorite people!!! So were you wearing those green clogs? Is your ankle better? Missed you at hooking last night. Hugs! Jill

Maryjane said...

Hi Karin! LOVE your blog!!! Wonderful pictures! Put you in my favorites to! Love your dolls from Frannie! Hugs, Maryjane Lee