Thursday, March 20, 2008

Inconceiveable! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Remember Wallace Shawn as Vizzini in The Princess Bride? My favorite part is when he and the Dread Pirate Roberts are trying to outwit each other and consequently not be the one poisoned by a cup of wine. Poor Vizzini, he loses. And as he does, he exclaims while he laughs uncontrollably, "Inconceivable!" I had one of those moments today.
Don't these look yummy? I think so too. But, they have a little problem.
These are Martha Stewart's Anise Drops from her Holiday Cookie issue. (I think maybe it was from two years ago.) I have been waiting all week to make these because I have Sign Language class here tonight and I like to make a little treat for the gals.


The problem is in this little dish right here on the stove. As an afterthought, I sprinkled sugar from the dish on the tops of the cookies before popping them into the oven.
Only I don't keep sugar in a little dish on my stove. Nope. Never have. So what is this?


It's salt.

I don't think I need to say anything more.

2 comments:

Utah Grammie said...

Oh my! You poor thing! (she says giggling..)

I too,once did something similar- went to add just a dash of pepper to beef gravy and pulled out the cinnamon instead. BLACH!

Just run and get something from the market then share your story - it's always good to end a meeting with a laugh...
Colleen

whimseycreations said...

Uhhhhhh - I'll have to remember that if you ever volunteer to bring treats to hooking! LOLOLOL
Been there, done that!