Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hats, Hats, Hats!


Bristol of Honey Bend Vintage is hosting the above Kentucky Derby Hat Swap. Eeek!! How fun will this be?
My grandmother was a milliner. In fact, she was the original Jane-of-All-Trades. From dressmaking, hatmaking, hairstyling to running her own restaurant, she did it all and did it well.
I hope that some of her talent in the millinery area rubbed off on me because I have joined this swap. Ideas are floating through my head and I am trying to get them all to come together in some cohesive form.
My frame of reference for the Derby is very limited. But Ascot is another story. Picture My Fair Lady, with women in hats that defy gravity and Audrey Hepburn looking sleek and elegant in classic black and white. Ooooh. Aaaaah.
If your interests lie in making things that are fanciful and unique, head on over and sign up for Bristol's fab swap!
I cannot wait to see what these ladies make.

4 comments:

lindaharre said...

Thanks Karin for your support! I still think the booth resembles my studio, but.......if we can sell....GREAT! It is way to much fun to constantly shop for goods.....my kind of job...LOL! Hugs, Linda

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Karin, I just know your hat will be LOVELY!! I can't wait to see what you create ~ thank you for taking a look at my little store!! I can only hope that I will sell a few things now....I'll be adding more soon! Hope you're doing well and you find that pesky muse! xxoo, Dawn

Utah Grammie said...

Your grandmother sounds wonderful! What a great "stock" to come from. Isn't it amazing how much our ancestor's did with the same 24 hours that we have? And with no "time-saving" conveniences?

Look forward to seeing your hat! Good luck!
Colleen

amy said...

ooh, i can't wait to see what you make!