Wednesday, January 9, 2008

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

That's how I feel lately. Is there anything more boring than laying on the couch with your foot in the air? I don't think so.
Yesterday my friend, Lucy, took me to Hobby Lobby for a little excursion. Little? Ha! We were gone for a few hours. As I was hobbling in a lovely woman told me to stop, she would get me a wheelchair. I thanked her profusely and sat down, quite relieved.
Then, out popped a cashier who had been watching us, and she asked if I had someone with me to help. I answered that I did, and thanked her. I do believe she would have wheeled me around the store if I hadn't.
Those were the only two angels I encountered for the remainder of my day out. Other than Lucy, of course. I have gained new perspective for people who have to rely on this mode of transportation on a permanent basis. It's a whole new world.
It is difficult to maneuver down the 80% off Christmas aisle when there are carts and people everywhere and you are in a wheelchair. Note to self- When perusing the clearance item aisle (or any aisle), leave the cart parked at the end. It is easier for just you to move out of the way than you and your cart together. Plus, you will get more exercise bringing things back and forth.
The other thing you cannot do when in a wheelchair is to reach thing hanging higher than four or five feet. From now on, I will always be more observant and ask if I can reach those cute little jars of beads for someone else sitting in one.
I did purchase some supplies for Beth and Karla's Sweet Treats and Roses Swap. My tag is almost done, and I am finishing up designing my page. I hope they like it. In fact, I think that is just what I need today. I'll find a chair, prop up my leg and get back to creating.
In the meantime, I will leave you with some more pictures of Oakland Cemetary, including the resting place of Margaret Mitchell Marsh. I miss my camera.

Beauty is found wherever you turn your head.
Even in the most humble of things. Perfection not required.

Inside and out.

It always surprises me that someone who left such a

monumental work is laid to rest in such a plain, unassuming place.

Margaret Mitchell was my age when she died.

Her parents are buried opposite her, a family together forever.

Even in this land of death, life springs forth.

It gives us hope.

6 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi Karin! I'm so glad that you were able to get out to visit Hobby Lobby ~ my favorite. I hope your ankle is healing up quickly. It's so hard for the mom to be out of commission. I love Oakland Cemetery. My husband took us one day and I could not believe how beautiful it was. I just hate it about your camera! I hope you have something coming up that you can request one as a gift...may Valentines day? xxoo, Dawn

windycorner said...

Dear Karin,
Thank goodness for thoughtful friends. Maybe you'll have some extra creative time while you're getting better. Thanks for the fantastic pictures. They make me want to take a field trip next time I'm up that way.
Holley

Be Inspired Always said...

Wonderful photos.

I'm new to your blog, Please feel welcomed to come n visit mine.


Jillian

GardenGoose said...

hope that your foot heals real soon.hope you have a nice weekend.
~Tina

Utah Grammie said...

You poor thing! Hope you'll be on BOTH feet soon!
Colleen

lindaharre said...

I'll drink to that:D Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....