I have been tagged twice in the past week, and I feel awful that I have not listed my Seven Unknown (Wierd) Things. Two of my farmgirl sisters are the culprits- Amy, from Life in Kansas, and Tina, from The Garden Goose. Thank you, girls.
Okay, here goes:
1. I am a toad killer. When I was younger, my brother and I found dozens of baby toads in the field next to our house. We got a box, filled it with grass and a small dish of water and observed them for an entire morning. Leaving them in the box, tucked up against the back of the house for protection, we went off to play for the rest of the day. Coming back to the box, we found, to our horror, dozens of dehydrated, dead toads. They had baked in the sun. We never did that again.
2. When I was 10, my friend Patty and I did something completely unexplainable. It must have been because it was summer and we were bored. One afternoon, I went in the house and got a large pitcher of water and a bar of Dial soap. Patty and I went to the side of my house, wet our hair and soaped it up with Dial. We each shaped our hair into odd shapes (sticking up all over our heads) and, this is the unexplainable part, we ran up to the stone wall next to the road and scared drivers as they passed by. I wonder what they thought of two ten-year-old girls with soapy, stick-up hair waving their arms madly at them? I hope I never find out.
3. I would love to be a grandmother. And I don't want to be an old grandma, I want to have fun with my grandchildren! I do not want to be the grandma that sits in the rocking chair with a withered finger poking at them saying, "Come closer, I can't see you.", and scare the heck out of them.
4. I love Boston Baked Beans. The candy ones. Yum!! I eat them until my mouth turns red and I have a tummy ache from all that sugar.
5. I love oatmeal, with brown sugar and bananas, for breakfast. I could eat it every day. That's how much I love it. :)
6. I have not wallpapered my craft room with that fabulous Cath Kidston wallpaper my children gave me on my birthday last year. I cannot bear to cut into it. How silly is that?
7. I collect rocks. Not just any rocks, but rocks from places that I visit. They're cheap (free), small and I can put them in a jar and look at them and remember where I have been.
Ok. There they are, seven more things you probably did not want to know about me.
I am going to make my tags later. I am off for a full day of visiting, creating and going to see my dad at the hospital. But that is another story for later. He's ok, we think. The adventure never stops!
Dawn @ The Feathered Nest
Tracy @ On the Shores of Carpenter Creek
Beth @ Gathering Dust
Colleen @ Main Street Memories
Cindy @ For Love of Home
Five is going to have to be enough!