Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Observation

Have you ever walked into a building or room and felt it's energy? Actually felt it as it wrapped around you and made you feel alive? That is how I felt yesterday walking into the Plum Tree.
Cindy and her friends have been working hard making the Plum Tree one of the cutest shops in Georgia. ( Actually, I think it is the cutest shop. )
Remember I told you about Dawn and her incredible generosity? Well, yesterday we met at the shop and put some things in her room. I had just a few things to put it in; a few bags of clothespins, chalkboard tags (modeled after tags I saw on Ciel D'orage- scroll down to Jan. 10), two altered vintage plates, and a few other things. The wonderful thing is that all of my things melded well with Dawn's. Yay! (I am still cameraless, else I would be showing them to you!! I would also show you the adorable apron that Dawn gave me. As soon as I get a camera, there will have to be a post with nothing but pictures!)
The whole time we were there, I felt my heart beginning to lift. I felt inspired and connected. Dawn and Cindy have that effect on people. They just make you smile. And that has pervaded into every nook and cranny in the shop. I can tell that this is going to be a good place for me, surrounded by wonderful women who encourage each other.
Thank you, Dawn and Cindy, for who you are- warm, kind, open and generous. I think we are going to have a lot of fun together!!

2 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Karin, I'm so very glad that you decided to join us!! Your things fit in perfectly with the store and I know you'll do wonderfully. You have so much talent and I wish nothing but the best for you sweet friend....I want to go junkin' with you soon! xxoo, Dawn

GardenGoose said...

terrific! so glad that you can showcase some of your lovely items with Dawn..who is talented also! yay!
what a great opportunity.
------------
on a side note: I tagged you over at my blog if you'd care to play along.