Sunday, November 11, 2007

Veteran's Day


Happy Veteran's Day to all of you in Blogland.
To those who have fought bravely, who have served our country, who have husbands, wives, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, grandsons, granddaughters, nephews, nieces, serving now, we salute you and give you our heartfelt thanks and eternal gratitude for the sacrifices that you have and will make.
Today I will spend the afternoon baking cookies to take to the 7th floor of the Atlanta VA hospital, where my dad recently spent two and a half weeks being cared for by their excellent staff.
My sister and I were speaking the other day and thought it would be a good idea if everyone went to their local VA hospital and visited with the men and women that are there, either temporarily or permanently. Trust me, when you see their faces and hear their stories, you will gain an appreciation for these men and women who have given so much for us. You will not leave unaffected.
Tomorrow I will make my delivery, small offering that it is, and give thanks to the staff for their kindness and compassion towards the patients that they care for.
And you can be sure that I will pop in and check on Mr. Chapman.

1 comment:

Brainiac's Daughter said...

Tell Mr. Chapman I said hello. He won't know who you're talking about, but I doubt it matters. If you happen upon Mr. Taber, express my regards to him as well. He was a very sweet soul. You wrote them well, sister.