Tuesday, November 27, 2007

More Madison

Having grown up in a house built in 1668(in Massachusetts), I greatly appreciate well-loved, aged homes.
I can close my eyes and picture the families that lived there and the circumstances of their lives. The joys as well as the sorrows.
Children being born, growing before their parent's eyes, and filling their home with sounds of childhood, laughter and tears.
I can see them as they sleep in their beds, tucked up under cozy quilts; playing with their toys- blocks, balls, baby dolls and fluffy-stuffed animals; chasing each other through the yard, hiding behind trees and swinging from their branches.
If you listen closely you can hear them. If you stand quietly, you can feel them.
As new families move in, they add their own memories and energy to the house, which will resonate through the walls to become a part of it.
No matter where you live, there will be homes filled with history. Be sure to stop, linger, and see if you can't catch a glimpse of the memories that live there.
Until then, enjoy these beauties from Madison.













Wait!! What's this?! How did this get in here? As if I didn't know. ha ha It's something from my Christmas wish list. If my hubby or children read this, consider this to be a H.I.N.T.

2 comments:

Cherry Menlove said...

What a lovely post. I can tell why you'd want to hint for a gift like that. It's so pretty.

Cherry x

Kay @ The Rustic Cottage said...

The homes are breathtaking! Especially the 2nd picture. Sure wish I could live in a house like that. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
Kay