Thursday, September 6, 2007

Window Dressing

After returning home from seeing Becoming Jane with a friend, I closed myself up in the craft room and made a new valance for my kitchen window.
For some reason, the gingham looks pink here. It isn't. It is red. Very red.
I attached a vintage tea towel (split in half and sewn together side-to-side) to the top center and I think it looks like an apron.


Ah, I love my window now.
(If for some reason you happen to spy the spider up near my clock, it is a Halloween decoration. Yeah, that's it. A Halloween decoration.)

9 comments:

eb said...

hey Karin - you're the best - so happy to visit - I'll be back - after are hop...

xox - eb.

eb said...

oops - that be art hop

xox - eb.

The Feathered Nest said...

Karin, I love it!!! The towel adds the sweetest touch, too. It's good to have stuff around that makes you smile. I'm sure I have a lot of Halloween decorations around, too!! xxoo, Dawn

Brainiac's Daughter said...

Soooooooo sweet. I love it!

I'm excited about Halloween this year, I'm hosting a party at my apartment... I'm ridiculously excited about it.

GardenGoose said...

so very pretty. good job. looks so cheery.

MNScrapbookmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MNScrapbookmom said...

Love... love that you can whip up a valance. You are far more talented than I. ¥

GardenGoose said...

wanted to add that I hope that you have an amazingly wonderful time on the 8th October. you deserve it!

Amy Wagner said...

I think your new curtain is super duper!!!

I just wrote about Becoming Jane on my blog!
Amy