Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Juices Are Flowing...

That sounds a bit creepy, doesn't it? But there is no other way to put it. Really.
Well, maybe "The Drought Is Over." There. That's better.

I have been experiencing an incredibly stilted creative thought process.
For a very long time now, in fact.
But suddenly this week, while putting together items for the Sweet & Sinister swap, something has unlocked in my brain and I am actually able to see things again. Ideas are flowing forth at a rapid pace and I can barely keep up. It is incredibly freeing and is making me deliriously happy.
At last, I can look at a blank page and visualize what it is that needs to be there. I can close my eyes and picture something from start to completion.
How is it that I forgot the key to creativity?
Why did I place it in a spot that I could not find?
Why did it take so long to remember that in order to be creative, you just have to create.
Throw caution to the wind, and begin.
The only problem now is finding the time to do all of these wonderful things.
I don't think there is a way to unlock the clock yet.
Here are a few more sneak peeks for Kyra:


I do love a bit of subterfuge.

3 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

It's called your muse sweet friend! She has landed on your shoulder and is whispering in your ear...be sure to sketch out her ideas so you'll remember them all! Thanks so much for the sweet words on my art, Karin. I can't wait to see what you're up to, I love the photos you've featured. xxoo, Dawn

Beth Leintz said...

Oh my gosh- your pictures sure have me curious- looks like fuN!

MNScrapbookmom said...

I am so loving this... I created a small peak for you today too... lol... I still have work to do though. :)¥