Monday, July 30, 2007

Twenty-five Years

Twenty-five years ago today I became a mother for the very first time.
To a son who changed my life.
We filled our days with adventure, the two of us. We learned together.
This little boy who met every day with excitement, filled me with joy, fear, sweetness and love.
He has grown up and away from me now.
But he is my child, and I will still catch him when he falls, light the path before him, comfort him when he sorrows, laugh at his silliness, cheer at his success and always have his back.
He made me what I always wanted to be.
A mom.



1 comment:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Karin, such a sweet, sweet post. Happy Birthday to your sweet child and I do know how you feel. I enjoyed your visit today and it was so good to see you...please check my blog as I tasted that fabulous cake!! I hope I didn't invite myself to your Mary Jane day!! Thank you again sweetie, xxoo, Dawn