Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thrifting Goodness

My sister, niece, #2 son and I tore up the town! We came home with some really wonderful things. And the nice thing is, we did not even reach our budgeted amount for each day. That's thrifting at it's best!!


Very sweet vintage sheets that will be made into something or other. Maybe the cute lounge pants that I saw on some one's blog a few weeks ago. If you read this and they were yours,I thought they were clever! :)
Snap! A vintage Widenur tablecloth for $1. Yes, I said $1!! It had a few yellowed stains on it, but they came out with a good soak in OxyClean and a night hanging out in a thunderstorm, followed by a day in the sun. I don't know what it is about a good, hard rain, but it takes out a myriad of unidentified stains.
The Three Sisters- sweet vintage aprons that will be worn with pride!

Some vintage trim along with wooden shoes forms that were 49cents at the Garage Sale Store in St. Pete.

Too cute for words teeny-tiny plastic bathroom fixtures and furniture.


There was more, but it seems you can only post five pictures at a time. Ah, well. Now you have something to look forward to!!

9 comments:

Cherry Menlove said...

Eeeeek, the tiny bathrooms are possibly the best things I have ever seen!!!!!

Cherry xxx

GardenGoose said...

those are all very nice finds. especially that lovely tablecloth..so pretty..and I can't believe you found the shoe forms for 49 cents...gracious..you did good!and the doll house basthroom furniture..so cute. you know the bathtub can be used to hold teensy tiny soaps or you can use it to put a tiny floral arrangement in it.
p.s...thanks for the invite..but right now I don't know how I'd be able to swing it..I have 2 little ones at home and so forth.I hope you all have a grand time..I so very much appreciate the invite but won't be able to make it.

Brainiac's Daughter said...

The vintage tablecloth is a great find... as is everything else. I love the aprons, but then their collective name lends me a particular bias, naturally ;)

I wish you were coming up for the world's longest yard sale... sigh.

Beth Leintz said...

The tip about rain water and sunshine as a stain remover is a new one to me, and I'm always looking for a way to attch those stubborn yellow spots. I love that tablecloth! Great finds!

The Feathered Nest said...

Girl, you hit the motherlode of goodies!! I cannot believe you found that tablecloth for a dollar!! You go girl! I look forward to seeing you next week, sweetie ~ xxoo, Dawn

Beemoosie said...

wonderful finds!

DiddleDaddleDesigns said...

Fantastic finds. I especially love the sheets and tablecloth. If you know the link for the lounging pants, I would love to have it.

yours truly said...

Wonderful finds, Karen! The teeny bathrooms are the best. And ... I never knew that about rain taking out stains! Thanks for the nifty tip!

jen said...

looks like you found some nice stuff! i recently found a vintage sheet with a strawberry design - it was very very exciting. :)