Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

Happy Fourth of July.
To those who are serving or have served our country,
we will place our hands over our hearts and include you in our prayers today,
in gratitude for your selfless sacrifices.
You are heroes in our eyes.
Thank you.

I have been listening to Michael Buble's new cd today.
His music had us dancing in the kitchen while we were cooking.
But, Lorna Doone made us swoon-

A few women have written about and posted the recipe for
Lorna Doone Spoon Pudding. It is on the box of Lorna Doone's, so I won't write it here.

But, I will tell you that you have to make it with cook-on-the-stove pudding and real whipped cream.

It is just to die for made with the real thing. And not much more

time consuming than with instant pudding and Cool Whip.


Our Fourth of July fruit salad. Made with watermelon, strawberries and blueberries and dressed with a combination of lime juice, honey and balsamic vinegar. Yum. Three cheers for the Red, White and Blue!!

2 comments:

lindaharre said...

What a photo........you are making me drool! The topping is new to me.....I will have to make note of that:) Thanks.....and thanks for visiting my blog as well:D Linda

GardenGoose said...

o.k. I'm coming over for dinner..ha. actually it all looks very yummy. especially the strawberries..(I'm a strawberry lovin'gal.)hope you have a good weekend.