Saturday, June 30, 2007

Woke Up This Mornin', I Was Feelin' Fine...

I don't usually wake up early on a Saturday morning and begin to sew right off. Nope. Not me. I'm the "stay-in-your-pjs" kind of gal. Wile away the hours reading, playing sudoku, preparing a Sunday School lesson, watch home improvement television. But sew? That is what I do Monday through Friday.
Except this morning. I have been making aprons and bags and market sacks for days. Nothing for me, really. And I was itching to make some clothes.
I've had a few pieces of fabric that have been crying out to be made into something cute. It's absolutely darling, all pink and brown and fun. I do not usually step into the land of fun very often. I never think of myself as being able to wear the "cute" things. My adventurous side doesn't come out to play enough.
But, the idea that has been rolling around in my brain came bursting forth and I secluded myself in the craft room. (No, today it is the Sewing Room.) I made this:


Cute, huh? I love it. Simple, easy to wear, and just fun enough to make me love it to bits. All the strips have felled seams. They took forever to do but I'm very glad I took the time to do them. An easy-peasy drawstring waist , a turned hem and- Voila! A skirt! For me.
Saturday mornings will never be the same!

2 comments:

GardenGoose said...

how very nice, and fun.you go girl!

Brainiac's Daughter said...

PRIIIIIIITY!