Sunday, June 3, 2007

Spot of Serenity

Do you have a place where you go for peace? A place that when you step in, it immediately relaxes you. I did not, until a few days ago. Just outside my dining room and kitchen windows is a small plot of earth that has been begging for use. It has called to me through the panes of glass that have cut us off from each other for years. Until Thursday.
It all began with a twinge in my brain. You know the kind- you can actually feel an idea beginning to form. I have learned to just roll with it. My husband would prefer that I roll in the opposite direction. Well, he's no fun!
Out of courtesy, I called him and informed him that I had an idea, and that he would love it. An exasperated sigh came through the phone lines. "Gotta go!", and off I ran to Home Depot.
A mere twenty minutes later, I emerged with my supplies- 20 very large bags of mulch and a roll of commercial weed-blocking fabric.
Now, in all fairness, I do need to admit that I had my brother and my son with me. After all, what's the fun of committing some sort of subtrefuge without someone else being in on it?
Home we drove, loaded to the top of the bed of the truck, which my husband has mistakenly allowed me to drive.
With nothing but a picture in my head, that was a bit difficult to extract at times, we began laying out a new spot in the garden. Three hours later, we finished. By that evening, I had found peace and quiet.
I thought that you might like to see what we created in the side yard, just outside and well within reach whenever peace is needed. As you can see, there is room for visitors. Lemonade, anyone?

(I'm not sure why all of these lines appeared, but I cannot seem to make them go away!)




6 comments:

Joshua said...

It's so nice for me to have found this blog of yours, it's so interesting. I sure hope and wish that you take courage enough to pay me a visit in my PALAVROSSAVRVS REX!, and plus get some surprise. My blog is also so cool!

Feel free off course to comment as you wish and remember: don't take it wrong, don't think that this visitation I make is a matter of more audiences for my own blogg. No. It's a matter of making universal, realy universal, all this question of bloggs, all the essential causes that bring us all together.

I think it's to UNITE MANKIND that we became bloggers! Don't see language as an obstacle. That's not the point. Pictures talk also. Open your heart and come along!!!!!

Catherine said...

Love the garden!

Anne said...

It's beautiful!! You did a great job creating a serene spot. I'd love to come for some lemonade. :)

~~Anne...a fellow farmgirl
www.homesteadblogger.com/BackyardTreasures

GardenGoose said...

very pretty area.

GardenGoose said...

I like how you have decorated your garden area, like the little sap buckets along the fence and I thought that old matress springs was such a different idea for an arbour overhang..very clever.

Brainiac's Daughter said...

Wow... this looks great, Karin!