Friday, June 29, 2007

So Nice to Meet You


I had the pleasure today of meeting Dawn (The Feathered Nest) at her darling shop in McDonough- The Plum Tree. I brought my mother with me. I had asked my dad to come with us, but when I told him that Dawn had seen his picture here and she thought he had "mesmerizing" eyes, he bowed out- so as not to disappoint her. (All said with a rather sweet smile and slightly flushed cheeks.) Awwwww.
These are a few of the things I purchased there-

A rusty wire cloche with a darling nested topper to cover my shells.

A few "instant ancestors" that will find their way into some project or another.
And a darling pin bag from the 40's for the laundry. (Sorry you have to crane your necks to see it.)
Her shop is absolutely chock-full of treasures, each one more wonderful than the next. And I had the privilege of seeing her new art piece up close and personal. I think it is even more beautiful in real life. My mom and I drooled our way through, trying to have some self-control. I could have brought the whole shop home with me. ;) Darn, I hated that I had an old iron bed and a rather rustic "potty chair"* in the back of the truck. There was a door that would have looked perfect in my family room.
If you ever are in our neck of the woods, be sure to pop in and visit The Plum Tree and the sweet Dawn! You'll be glad you did.

*- My darling husband called to inform me that up the road was a yard sale that looked like it had a bunch of "old stuff" sitting under a tree. He had to know I would head right over! The minute I saw that chair I knew I had to have it- already outfitted with a hole for a pot of flowers, who could pass it up? It will go in the garden, with a blue enamel pot underneath, planted with yellow flowers. ;) The iron bed will go on the back porch, fitted with a cot mattress and provide a lovely reading/resting spot for the family.
I just love "old stuff!"
Have a lovely weekend, everyone.

2 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Dear Karin,
You are such a sweetie!! It was so very nice to meet you today! I feel like I didn't visit with you enough though. When there are a lot of customers in the store I get kind of goofy-headed as I'm not such a good multi-tasker. You mother is so sweet too! I'm glad that you're pleased with all your finds and I love the nest cloche over your shells. And the old photos ~ you can never have enough of them, and that clothespin holder thingie looks perfect in your laundry room! Thank you again for your kind words about our store & and about my artwork too...I hope I get to see you again soon ~ until then we can visit each other in the blog world! xxoo, Dawn

GardenGoose said...

oh my goodness your friend Dawn was going to be in my area today..gee whiz..and I just saw her blog today. ahh well. she sounds like a really nice person. would have been fun to meet her.